[Tutorial] How do I create a sale that auto-generates a coupon?
1. Create any sale with a coupon code entered. For example, if you want to send the customer a coupon for $10, create a sale to discount $10 off an order and assign a coupon name to this sale.
2. Create a sale that will control the distribution of the coupons (saletype 7). There are 4 different criteria that can send a coupon to the customer after a sale.
- If a customer buy certain products
- Buys a certain amount of products
- Spends a certain amount
- The coupon is sent for every order
You will need to select the sale created in step #1 as the coupon the customer will receive a coupon for. In this example, the customer would receive a coupon for $10 off their next order. The coupons are sent when the order is processed.
The coupon sale must be active and valid (not expired), if not the coupon sending sale will be marked invalid, and you will need to delete it and create a new sale with a valid coupon.
The customer will not be sent the actual coupon name, but an alias using their last name and 4 digits, example: SMITH1345, DOE8219.
The order must first be processed for the coupon to send.The order cannot go from Queued to Completed, it must first be processed.